Thursday, May 9, 2013

I've got two words for you.

Whenever I can, I try to pass along any nuggets of wisdom or pieces of advice that I feel are pressing. But, being that I am not wise and I tend to not listen to the advice of others, I've never had anything to pass along...TILL NOW! So listen up, cause I've got two words for you: breaking bad. Don't confuse this brief moment of sincerity for my typically sarcastic, glib nature. If you haven't seen this show, your life isn't as awesome as it could be. Really, you owe it to yourself to be better--I want this for you and so should you. I started watching it just shortly after getting to Australia and you've seen how great my life is these days. Coincidence? I think not.

Alright, now that that is out of the way, who is ready for a riddle? What's rusty, debilitated and way past it's prime? Kudos if you said the Celtics, but I was actually referring to my new "previously-owned" vehicle. He's a bit of a fixer-upper, but he sure does have character. What he doesn't have is curb appeal...or power windows...or power locks. Or a cd player. But he's got a trunk that won't quit and goes 0-20 in like 15 seconds flat. Least we know I won't be getting any speeding tickets with this bad boy (challenge accepted?). He's a bit camera shy presently, but I'll post some pictures next time.


We've won our last two games, extending our win streak to 7. I expect ESPN will be calling soon--just 27 more wins and we'll break the Laker's record for longest win streak. I don't want to count my chickens before they hatch or anything, but I think we can all agree that the first 7 wins are the hardest, so it's basically smooth sailing from here. Neither of the games were very close, but the wins moved us into 2nd place. I had 26 points, 10 rebounds, 5 steals and 5 assists in one game and the same stats the next game, except I scored 25 points. After our game in Bunburry, our furthest opponent--a mere hour and a half away--both our team and the men's team decided to stay and go out in the city after our games.
The city is actually shockingly banal, but I guess that wasn't really the point. It was a rather fun team activity and served as a platform for me to showcase my sparkling personality as I got to know everyone better. It is stunning to me that no matter where I go to play, I always meet someone who played with someone I know or played with. Basketball is so unique in that regard. We play tomorrow against the first place team. I don't need to tell you how excited I am about this game, but I will so that I have something to write about. I am very excited about this game. Good talk.


I've been a working girl (in its less venereal terms) for 3 weeks now, and I can't be 100% sure since this is purely based on my deplorable narcissism, but I think in congruence with my employment at the store, there has been a coinciding increase in sales and customer influx. I don't have "facts" or "numbers" or anything, but I did earn a respectable B in my college Econ class and it seems this is a classic case of supply and demand. Obviously I am in demand, in case that wasn't clear. Economics isn't for everyone. I'll probably bring that up with management, maybe even include like a bar graph? I pretty much run the store these days--I'm a rather quick learner. Like, this one time, my boss told me not to let anyone rob us. Seems basic, right? Well it's not, don't be fooled. Still, I'm no moron so it only took me being robbed once to understand why we don't want that to happen. Quick learner. Can you say upper-management?

Even with my part time job, I find myself with heaps of free time and so I decided to start working out with a personal trainer. My teammate Tucker has a brother that started training people professionally about a year ago and she and I had been doing some workouts with him, occasionally. This past week I decided I wanted to do it regularly with him and see how it goes. So far, it's not fun, I won't lie. Garth kicks my butt, which is great after the fact, but during it's absolutely miserable. I was actually scared to sneeze the other day because my "abs" were so sore. I should have bought a puppy.

Sunday is Mother's Day! I sure did get lucky in this department. Not only did I score the greatest mom, but I have been blessed with having a lot of other people's really awesome moms in my life too. I've sorta got a monopoly on the quality moms in the world. Jan, when you aren't annoying me, and we've seen great improvement in that department over the years, you are such a delight! I love you SO much and am grateful you put up with all my nonsense. I know it's moments like these that make it worth it :)



No comments:

Post a Comment